The annual service is critical to your boats wellbeing. If the annual service is not kept up to date, you run the risk of potential difficulties. You should have your inboard or outboard, should be serviced at least once a year to prolong its life and ensure it is reliable and running at optimum efficiency.
What we do for your engine on the Prime Marine Services Annual Service:
- Strip and check water pump.
- Change gear oil - check for water ingress through seals.
- Spark plugs - clean/replace as required.
- Check flywheel nut torque/torque cylinder head.
- Recoil starter - check condition of rope/lube as required.
- Fuel filter - strip and clean.
- Check operation of tilt mechanism.
- Check adjustment of gear/throttle cables and lubricate all linkages as required.
- Lubricate propeller shaft.
- Bleed auto lube pump.
- Ignition timing - check/adjust linkages as required.
- Carburettor pilot screws check/adjust.
- Check operation of on/off neutral interlock switches etc.
- During test run of engine check for smooth operation of all controls and for correct starting both hot and cold. Check for correct idle speed when hot and for smooth pick up from idle. Where possible check to ensure engine achieves maximum RPM.
- Lubricate pivot shaft/all linkages/clamp screws etc.
- Check condition of anode/trim tab, replace if required.
- Drain down carburettors.
- Change oil, filters, and check valves on 4 strokes.
N.B. If auto lube models are laid up for the winter the system should be drained and refilled and the pump bled before re-using the engine. It is also better to run the engine for 10 hours on a 50:1 petrol mix after several months storage.